pin it


Thursday, April 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies


My Favorite Cookie Recipe



Believe it or not, these were made in a toaster oven!  They can be made in a conventional oven, but my oven sucks and it undercooks anything in the front while burning stuff in the back.  Plus, these cookies require no flour.  I'm always out of either flour or sugar, so this recipe suits me.  I made it from a combination of different recipes I've found online, and, through trial and error, made it my own.  I hope you like it!


Ashley's Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup natural peanut butter (Smuckers makes a good version)
1 cup sugar (Splenda can be substituted if desired)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
olive oil (to grease your pan)
Fork


Preheat your oven (or toaster oven) to 350. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, in no particular order.  The batter will be a little wet.  Shape the batter as best you can into walnut-sized balls and place on a greased baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart. press down slightly with a fork to make the signature peanut butter cookie imprint.  Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies only appear slightly moist. 

You don't want to dry them out completely.  If you are cooking with Splenda, reduce your baking time by 2 minutes or your cookies will be so dry you will choke on the dust that comes off the first bite you take.  Trust me on this one.

Cool the cookies for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.  They will be quite fragile until they cool.  Makes about 12-14 cookies.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment